Make-up Revolution Ultra Mattes Palette Review


This week I have been sorting through all of my make-up and organising it into boxes ready for when I move to univeristy in 3 weeks time. Doing so has reminded my of how many products I have that I love using on a daily basis. One of these is the Ultra Mattes Palette from the brand Make-up Revolution - one of my favourite drug store brands. 
I have had this palette for a few months now and have used it many times, so I thought why not share it with other people who may also like it. You can order this palette online from here or here, or alternatively you can buy it from a Superdrug shop and it only costs £8, which I think is an extremly good price for 32 different shades. Recently the Ultra Mattes 2 palette has been released which I am yet to try, but it can be purchased here or here, again for only £8.

The main reason I always reach for this palette when I do my everyday make-up is the fact all the colours are matte, that probably seems silly to say because obviosuly they are all matte, it is a matte palette, but I have so many other palettes that have lovely neutral shades in, however they are always sparkly which isn't ideal for using in the crease or when you want to go for a more sutle look. I love having a palette that is all matte as it means that I have 32 different neutral shades to choose from instead of 3 or 4, meaning I can create so many different make-up looks.
One look that I have been loving recently is using peachy shades mixed with a little bit of the dark brown in the crease and the cream colour in the top left corner all over the lid as it is a very natural look. If I want to make it look a little bit more fancy I add a little bit of my highlighter to the inner third of my lid and it's done.

I know there have been a lot of mixed reviews about the Make-up Revolution products, a lot of people love the brand whilst other people don't like the products at all. I am one of the people that love the brand and all of th products that I have tried from them. I think the quality is really good for the money you are paying, of course its not going to be as good as a palette that cost £40, but I personally believe that it depends on how it is applied to how long it lasts anyway. I have never had a problem with any of the products I have used when I have applied them using primers and my real techniques brushes. I used to put my make-up on at 7am and it would still be there when I got in from school at 3pm.

If anyone is looking for some matte eyeshadows or just looking for a good starter eyeshadow palette I would highl recommend this one, as it gives you so many options for a really affordabl price.







No comments