L'Oreal Foundation Review

Recently I have been trying out some new foundations as I have a hard time finding ones that match my skin tone perfectly and have a formula that flatters my skin, rather than defining the bad bits as some foundations do.

I decided to give L'Oreal foundation a go because I hadn't tried any face products from the brand before, I went into Superdrug and ended up selecting three different ones. (There was a 3 for 2 offer). Since buying these I have had the chance to try them all out and I would like to share my opinions with you.

INFALLIBLE 24H  
As I mention previously I find it difficult to find foundations that match my skin tone, this is due to having such pale skin. I was happy when I realised that I was able to get this foundation in the shade 'porcelain'. This is the lightest of the three foundations I purchased, but it is still a perfect match! The thing I like the most about this foundation is the fact that although it is a liquid foundation it has a rather thick consistency which I personally think looks much better on uneven skin and it also lasts much longer on your skin than some of the thinner liquid foundations I have tried before.
Another great thing about the infallible foundation is that it feels really nice when you are putting it on your face, I have tried using both a beauty blender and a buffing brush and both leave my skin looking smooth without patchiness or streakiness. It is also a very high coverage foundation due to the thick consistency and would be easily buildable if you wished to do so, however I think more than one layer could run the risk of looking a little 'cakey'. A final thing I like about this foundation is that it drys with a slightly matte finish, although this is not that matte version of the foundation I found it gave the perfect balance between shiny and matte on my skin without having to use a powder on top.

TRUE MATCH
Out of all the foundations I brought this is the one I have worn the most and reach for every single day without fail. I have the shade N.1 - Ivory, surprisingly this is not the lightest shade available from the range, I believe that there is a shade called Linen that is slightly lighter. Again this foundation is super blendable and leaves your skin looking smooth and healthy. It is not quite as thick as the infallible one, but still covers any scars are uneven skins tones.
I love this foundation as it is a perfect match for my plae skin and it gives such a smooth finish without being obvious that you have a full face of makeup on. If you haven't tried any foundations from L'Oreal before and are interested in trying one out I would highly recommend starting with this one! if your anything like me once I find one product I like from a brand I tend to love them all!

INFALLIBLE SCULPT
This product was more of an impulse buy unlike the two foundations which I had looked up before going shopping. I saw the new L'Oreal Sculpt range on a stand at the end of all the makeup counters and thought I may as well buy the foundation to try as there was a 3 for 2 deal on and my main reason for being in Superdrug was to find some new foundations to try. Unlike the other two foundations I wasn't impressed straight away, mainly because the shade range was very limited. I picked up the lightest shade - Light and I believe there is also a shade called Medium.
When I first put  this foundation on I was worried that it would be slightly too dark for my skin even though it was the lightest shade, however I was interested with the concept of a foundation that was designed especially for contouring products. Since buying this product I have only used it a couple of times, but when I have used it powder products have blended much better than they do with a 'normal' weight foundation.
As mentioned with the infallible 24h this foundation also gives a slightly matte look on my skin meaning I don't have to apply a powder.

I hope you found this review helpful in deciding which foundation to purchase from L'Oreal. If there are any products you would like me to review or think I will enjoy leave them in the comments.

No comments