Results Day

As many people know it was A-Level results day yesterday, which meant there were thousands of students all over the country frantically waiting to find out whether they had achieved the grades they need to get into university. 

From 8 am you could log onto the UCAS website to find which university had confirmed your place based on your results. I logged on at 8am expecting it to take a long time or crash since thousands of students would have been trying to access their accounts too. However, this was not the case, I got in straight away and found out that my insurance choice had confirmed my place as I had missed the grades for my firm choice.

I then went up to my school at 9am to collect my actual grades. At this point I wasn't worried at all because I already knew I had my place at university regardless of what was inside the envelope. Even though I didn’t get into Bristol University which was my first choice I am not disappointed, in fact I actually think getting De Montfort is much better for me in terms of being able to get home much quicker, which is very important with all the hospital appointments I am still having to go to.

The grades I needed for Bristol were AAB which are very good grades, however I ended up with ABBB, but like I said I am not disappointed in any way at all. I still achieved very good grades which I am proud of considering I missed a month of school and spent the last 8 months of school hating it. As much as I would have loved to be going to Bristol university, I know I am going to get on much better closer to home at this stage in recovery from my operation, but there’s nothing stopping me study my masters in Bristol one day.

I hope everyone got the grades they were hoping for and are on the journey they wanted to be on whether that’s going to university, starting an apprenticeship or continuing into their second year of A- Levels.
Also good luck to all the GCSE students that receive their results next week.

No comments